Subsidies from the Flemish Community Commission
SUBSIDIES FROM THE FLEMISH COMMUNITY COMMISSION -(FCC)
Subsidy policy (for the arts) specific to Brussels
- Larger arts venues such as the Koninklijke Vlaamse Schouwburg (KVS), the AB and the Kaaitheater receive supplementary subsidies in addition to the Flemish Community's subsidy arrangements under the Art Act.
- A number of specific arts venues and organisations in Brussels also receive financial support.
- The Flemish Community Commission also seeks to support productions by young artists or artistic organisations, thus offering real development opportunities, in keeping with current trends in the artistic community.
- Artistic organisations that attempt to strengthen the position of the Dutch-speaking cultural community in Brussels through public-oriented initiatives may also submit a request for aid.
General subsidy policy (for culture)
- Artistic venues, artistic organisations and artistic projects may appeal to the Flemish Community Commission for logistical and financial assistance with translation projects.
- Cultural events, including artistic events, can be subsidised. Under this policy the Flemish Community Commission supports the coordinated initiatives for the artistic sector that are supported by the majority of the subsidised artistic institutions in Brussels.
- Finally, in its efforts to support Brussels' artistic sector, the Flemish Community Commission works toward the development and subsidisation of cultural communication and education initiatives with the goal of continuously broadening their audience.
The Brussels Museums:
These consist primarily of coordinated initiatives, often in cooperation with the Brussels Museums Council. Examples of these initiatives include the organisation of study days or coordinated public activities such as the museum nocturnes or a museum game.
The Brussels Museum Council is also supported for its structural function as a platform for the Brussels Museums.
General advice regarding all aspects of museum collections is available on request from the museum consultancy as well as solutions for specific needs for education.
There is a limited lending service for museum material. One can for example watch videos about conservation. In addition, equipment for light and climate measurement is also available for loan.
Finally there is a limited language service. This consists of advice concerning competent translators for the translation of publications and texts for museum purposes or translations of public-oriented texts for promotional or educational purposes. Catalogues are not eligible.