Visual Arts Platform26/10/2011
Together with the Danish Arts Council, the Arts Council England, the Mondriaan Fund and Pro Helvetia, BAM launched the Visual Arts Platform (VAP), a European network of arts agencies. This network is intended for sharing knowledge, information and data, and setting up collaborative projects around international visual arts policy.
The members of the Visual Arts Platform are institutions with a task or objective to stimulate and/or support the international presentation and exchange of professional visual arts and that meet the following conditions:
- the institution contributes to or has an influence on the defenition of the international cultural policy in its own country or is involved in the implementation thereof;
- the institution is active in the international promotion of professional art and artists from its own country;
- the institution is active in the organisation, support, facilitation or stimulation of international activities, collaborations or presentations by artists or institutions;
- the institution is involved in state presentations on behalf of its own country;
- the institution operates on national and international level.
Its objectives are:
- to stimulate international exchange and collaboration in the field of policy and strategy for the professional visual arts, in and outside of Europe;
- to facilitate exchange of knowledge and information between the members;
- to function as a platform for debate and international exchange.
The Visual Arts Platform attempts to achieve its objectives by:
- facilitating collaboration between the members;
- facilitating the development of policy, strategy and vision by the members, individually and together;
- communally defining position on matters designated by the members;
- organising regular meetings.