www.kunstenloket.be in English22/11/2010
In the framework of PRACTICS and the increasing international mobility of artists, Kunstenloket has given more attention on their website on working abroad and working as a foreign artist in Belgium.
PRACTICS is a 3 year project aiming to provide information for cross-border work in the cultural sector. The test project encompasses four info points providing information on visa, work permits, taxes, subsidies ... These four info points for the test project are: Interarts (Spain), Kunstenloket (Belgium), Sica (The Netherlands), Wales Art International (Wales). More information on this project and its partners is available at www.practics.org.
The information on the artist's status, reimbursements and foreign artists in Belgium is from now on also available in French and English on www.kunstenloket.be.
Foreign artists in Belgium provides answers to the following questions:
- does the South-African musician you want to fly over to perform in Belgium require a visa?
- do you need to withhold income tax when an American band performs?
- which subsidies are available on the European level?
Artist's status and reimbursements
Here you will find out:
- what this artist's status exactly means?
- whether Belgium levies social contributions and how much?
- whether you are eligible for Belgian unemployment benefits?
- which vat rate applies to a performance in Belgium?